Registrations Open for 2019 Season!
All registrations must be completed on-line for 2019 via the new Rugby Xplorer portal. Register on-line here with Rugby Xplorer: Available team registration products will be available once you log into the portal.
- Choose one of the options above.
- Follow the Instructions in Rugby Xplorer and as outlined in this GUIDE
For any questions of enquires about this, please email
HOW TO REGISTER in 2019 – All U6-U17
All South Toowoomba Junior Rugby Union Rugby 2019 Registrations are OPEN through the new Rugby Xplorer App.
All players prior to any training or match play must be registered to ensure they are INSURED.There is now a ‘Training Only’ option for new players whom want to trial before registering.
- Yes, there is a $12 + 2% Credit card processing fee for TRAINING ONLY / TRIAL OPTION in the Rugby Xplorer App. This covers the insurance only component (given there is contact/tackling/scrums involved)
Choose: Training Only and Season player registration
Q: What is ‘training only’?
A: This registration product only includes an insurance cost. It has two insurance prices associated with age (5-18 and 19+). If these players then decide to play, the insurance cost will be deducted from their registration fees as per conversion registrations. Note, the discount is only applied if they purchase a ‘season’ player registration.
- Juniors (Season) aged 5-12 is $210/player + $4.20 processing fee
- Teenagers (Season) aged 13-17, reduced to $190/player + $4.20 processing fee (shorter season & to encourage more participation)
- No under 14, year born 2005 (insufficient numbers) approach Toowoomba Bears
- No under 15, insufficient numbers
- No girls 7’s teams this year, we want to start this ASAP…
Want a CHEAPER REGISTRATION this year? Parents/Guardians: sign up as a Volunteer through the App, and RECEIVE A $50 DISCOUNT off your 1st child’s 2019 registration in return for at least 10 hours’ contribution towards the canteen, home fixture field set-up or field pack-down. This saved $50 can cover or go towards new footy boots, mouthguard or headgear. Only limited positions, so register your interest on e-mail: now. This applies to Junior Home Games and Teenage Home Fixtures. The $50 is reimbursed upon evidenced 10 hours volunteered 2019 activity for Souths Kookaburras
UNDER 6, 7, 8, 9 AND 10’s – commence from Friday 15, 22, and 29 March 2019 @ Toowoomba Touch Fields from 5pm. More info from your coach/manager. Then Easter break, back to training as normal @ Gold Park (top field, enter from Hume St into Gold Street), Friday afternoons from 4pm during Term 2 and Term 3.
Under 11,12, 13, and 16/17’s – Training on a Thursday @ Gold Park. More info from your coach/manager.
Registration Fees for 2019
Rugby Australia requires all participants are covered by insurances, and as such a $5-14 insurance levy will be applicable to all those participating in 2019. Levy can be paid on the Rugby Xplorer link when registering.
What does your membership include?
Upon payment of full fees, you will receive:
- Club Training Shirt, Shorts, Socks for new players (new kit in 2020 for existing players).
- End of Season Medallion or trophy
- Souths Kookaburras Sticker
- Professional coaching & support
- Qualified First Aid at all home games
- RA/QRU/STJRU Levies
- Player Insurance
- Ground Maintenance and field lighting
- End of Season Trophy / Fun day in September
The Qld Government can assist some families with $150 vouchers for sporting fees. For information and an application form please click on Get In The Game Qld Govt. When you receive the vocuher(s), e-mail: . Full registration payment required, then redeem the $150 per player upon Voucher(s) being redeemed through Souths Kookaburras.
QGrant “Get Started” 2019 – Round 13
A maximum of $150 (GST inclusive) per voucher is available for children who are aged from five to 17 (inclusive) – click below for more details.
- Voucher applications open February 6th, 2019
- Vouchers applications close April 2019 or earlier if all available vouchers are allocated.
- Vouchers must be presented to South Toowoomba Junior Rugby Union by 11 May 2019.
Click Here to view our Club’s Code of Conduct – it is mandatory during the registration process that you, inclusive and not limited to Guardian / Participant / Spectator / Coach / Manager / Volunteer / Official associated with our Club, abides and agrees to uphold the Code of Conduct without exception. Monetary Fines, bans from participation or spectating all forms of Rugby can and will be imposed by the relevant authorities/judiciary. Remember, it’s Positive or it’s Pointless! This includes, on the field, training, or use of social media. The Code of Conduct will be regularly reminded and enforced by the Executive Committee, Coaches, Managers and Assistant Coaches throughout the 2019 season. WE HAVE A ZERO TOLERANCE TO BREACHES! We especially remind Parents / Guardians that your behaviour, shapes your child’s behaviour.
Registration Fee Refund Policy
There is a NO REFUND policy if a player’s season is cut short for whatever reason. This question was raised by Clubs to the officials at the ARU/QRU and it was clearly stated by them, that they will not refund any money to clubs or individuals. We are acutely aware that this is a change from past practices, however rugby clubs are no longer in a position to refund fees.
Any 2019 queries simply email the Club
ALL CLUB UPDATES, DRAWS & INFORMATION:
Looking forward to a fun and enjoyable 2019 season in the spirit of Rugby.